Mechanism Of Action
Azotobacter produces antifungal substances which inhibits the growth of harmful fungi and result in lowering the disease occurrences.
Increase Length Of Shoot
Promote Nitrogen Fixation
Increase Root Development
Benefits of Azotobacter
1. It fixes the atmospheric nitrogen and makes it available to the crop.
2. Adds nutrients to the soil / make them available to the crop & secrete certain growth promoting substances.
3.Helps the proliferation and survival of beneficial microorganisms in soil.
4. It increases number & length of roots and shoots.
5. It also improves the fertility of soil and reduces the use of chemical fertilizers (Urea). It is Harmless, Eco-friendly and low cost agro-input.
6. Azotobacter provides most active form of azotobacter and starts function and proliferation immediately after application in soil.
7. Azotobacter also important for rapid seed germination, if applied as seed coating.
Mixing And Application
Seed Treatment/Seed Dressing:
Dilute 100ml of Azotobacter liquid per 1000ml of water or mix it with 20gm sugar/jaggery for 1kg of seeds. After being uniformly wet shake them gently to from uniform layer of culture coating. Then dry the seeds in shade for 20-25 minutes.
Dissolve 100ml of Azotobacter liquid in 5-10 litres of water. Later dip the roots of seedlings up to half an hour before transplantation.
Dissolve 1 litre of Azotobacter liquid fertilizer in 100-150 litre of water and apply at 1 acre of land through drip irrigation or drench the soil at proper moisture of land.